Phaius philippinensis is endemic to the Philippines. It grows as a terrestrial in shaded localities at elevation of up to 1,300 meters.
- Growth habit: Upright, sympodial.
- Leaves: Petiolate, petiole to 15 cm long, deeply channelled. Leaf blade is lanceolate, to 30 cm long by 5 cm wide.
- Inflorescences: Upright, bearing several showy flowers towards the apex.
- Flower Colour: Sepals and Petals are reddish-brown on the inner surface, yellow towards the tip and arround the edges of the segments.The outer surface is off white.Labellum is white with pinkish markings, as it ages it becomes yellow.
- Plants are offered in 9 cm pots, planted in moss.
- Strong flowering size.
- Imported from the Philippines.
- Watering: Keep all the time moist.
- Fertilize during active growth of the plant (Summer months).